Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 30. Thank You

Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing. Thanks for all the joy they're bringing...

Yep. ABBA. Can't go a whole 30 days without even mentioning the greatest Swedish pop group of all time can I? I very much enjoy ABBA. When I was 10 or 11 I got my very first Walkman for Christmas. Along with the Walkman came my first two cassette tapes: ABBA, and the soundtrack from the movie Cocktail! I listened to them both far too often for my own good.

The ABBA cassette got the most play. It was ABBA Live, a compilation album from 1986. Dancing Queen, Chiquitta, Fernando, Super Trouper, Waterloo... all the popular hits. Later in life I also aquired ABBA Gold, More ABBA Gold, and The Definative Collection. ...I have a lot of ABBA music. And lets not forget about Mamma Mia! - the best musical on the face of the planet! Yes, I have seen the stage version, and the theatre version, and the special sing-along version in theatre, as well as owning a copy of it. Pathetic? Never!

When I purchased my current car last April/May, I threatened a friend that I was going to fill my MP3 player with ABBA so that the first music I ever played in my new car would be ABBA. She groaned and ignored me... Turned out though that when the salesman turned the car over to me and let me turn on my new car for the very first time, with my friends sitting in the back seat, and new car smell filling my nostrils, the radio station that was tuned in on the stereo was playing... Dancing Queen! Best. Moment. Ever.


There is another 'Thank You' song though that I can't go without mentioning:

If I only had, two words left to say to you.

With my last breath I'd come face the truth to you.
You've never left my side, even when I fell behind.

Thank-you, thank-you for the life you've given me.
Thank-you for sharing all your love and all your dreams.
Thank-you for every tear of happiness I've cried.
Thank-you for laying down beside me here tonight.

When I close my eyes, I say a prayer for one more day with you.
And when I wake, I embrace the one who pulls me through.
Who pulls me through the storm when I can't go on.

Thank-you, thank-you for the life you've given me.
Thank-you for sharin' all your love and all your dreams.
Thank-you, for every tear of happiness I've cried.
Thank-you for layin' down beside me here tonight.

You've never let me down.
Its like you don't know how.
Thank-you, thank-you for the life you've given me.
Thank-you, for sharin all your love and all your dreams.
Thank-you.
Thank-you.

Johnny Reid. The Canadian boy with the Scottish accent. He's been very successful in the past couple years with a number of popular singles getting a lot of radio airtime. He has quickly become one of my most favourite country musicians - right up there with Lonestar, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Garth Brooks, and yes, even Randy Travis! Johnny Reid's got talent (and a hot accent), I hope he sticks around for awhile.

And to you, faithful followers of this 30 day musical journey, Thank You. Thank you for the comments and feedback. Thank you for sticking it out and not leaving nasty comments! Its been swell; some days it was a challenge to come up with something to write about, but most days it was fun. I think I am hooked on this whole blogging thing so, although you probably won't be seeing daily posts anymore, you'll be sure to see the odd post once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments