Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 11. This is me, this is who I am

Alright, alright, I've had my typing fingers slapped for writing such a lame post yesterday. Sorry. But I can't promise that it won't happen once in awhile. I drifted away from country music - maybe that's where I went wrong. So, lets see what we've got today:

It's where I learned about living
It's where I learned about love
It's where I learned about working hard
And having a little was just enough

It's where I learned about Jesus
And knowing where I stand
You can take it or leave it, this is me
This is who I am


Yep. Its country. I really like these lyrics from the song 'Boondocks' by Little Big Town. Well, I mean, I like the whole song, but this part especially.

You ever grab onto song lyrics and cling to them like they're your own? Like they somehow define who you are, or maybe they just say it better than you can? I do that. I do that a lot, probably too much...

But, you know what? I'm ok with that. So, you can take it or leave it, this is me. This is who I am.

3 comments:

  1. I completely know what you mean. That is probably why i love singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a song that kinda defines who I am. It's by Ringo Starr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnTpe6LlKPo.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments