Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 27. Blessed Assurance Jesus is mine

I feel pretty drained right now, but alas, my public expects some sort of blog entry for the day. You people should get a better hobby!

I got a solid 6 - 6 1/2 hours sleep last night (which is about 4 hours too short), got up at an hour that shouldn't exist, braved the snow squall warning, and drove to Kitchener for church. Yeah, yeah, ok, I had a pretty good reason for it - I went to a wedding.

Now, you need to understand that for years and years and years and years and years, I have been telling my Pastor that when the time comes for me to get married, I think that its absolutely appropriate to have the rites of marriages done during the Sunday morning church service. For me, marriage is as much about God as it is about the couple being married, so why would you not want to include your church family in that process? I do admit that a Sunday wedding makes having a big fancy reception and wedding dance a little bit difficult, but whatever, its not like I'm really in a hurry to work out details like that anytime soon anyway.

So today, I went, I saw, and I liked. It was a beautiful wedding. Simple, casual, but absolutely perfect too. It was well planned and flowed well the church service; it was just really, really nice. The couple really has a sense of community and know how important their church family is in their lives. Follow that up with a really great potluck lunch, and it was a great day!

And then I drove home from Kitchener, and now I'm whipped.

Blessed Assurance is a song we sang during communion this morning (I want to have communion at my wedding too - again, this is just girly talk, don't go getting any silly ideas about me. Girls naturally talk about weddings, especially after just attending one!). Anyway, the first couple lines of the song have been floating through my head for the past couple hours.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! 
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
That's all. Have a good Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments