Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 16. He'd better love me when my roots are showing

K, so I just went and fed my very female need to watch romantic comedies. 'He's Just Not That into You' isn't ever going to win an Oscar, but I do need to say that: I'MINLOVEWITHBENAFLECK. There, I've said it. Cue the eyelash batting and swooning; ahhhh.... (insert smiley face here)

Alright, alright, I'm done.

...Ok, no I'm not. Did I mention that I'm in love with Ben Afleck?
Maybe, more accurately, I'm overcome with gushy feelings because of the unconditional love the character, portrayed by Ben Afleck, showed towards his main squeeze. I do believe that Ben Afleck's character would indeed 'love me when my roots are showing' (which is a song by Crystal Shawanda that was playing on the radio on my way home from the movie theatre), he was just that madly in love with Jennifer Aniston's character.

Jennifer Aniston, by the way, is starting to show her age. Hate to say it but 'cougar' and 'sexy grandma' parts are just around the corner for her. I kept trying to determine whether I was seeing gray hairs or just poor lighting reflecting off blond streaks.

What is it about romantic comedies anyway? Certainly they don't have the same effect on men as they do on women! I just... oh, well, here: In the Owen Sound Some Times, (Sorry, my mistake 'SUN Times'), there is a weekly columnist named Jennifer McGuire. Her articles, focused on single-parenting/divorce/raising all boys, are crazy funny and well written. Last week, her article included a bit about 'He's just not that into you'. If you get the chance, read it here: http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1427844. Maybe it'll help you male readers to understand why girls are so pathetically affected by romantic movies(but probably not).


If you like her stuff, Jennifer McGuire also has a blog: http://jrmmcguire.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments