Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 26. Day by Day

Day by Day...

Its already day 26 of my little experiment! Time flies when you're having fun I suppose.

So, I only have 5 more entries and I will have completed my '30 days of song'. What comes after that, I'm not quite sure yet. But, interestingly enough, my '30 days of song' entries should end on Ash Wednesday - the first day of Lent. Hmm... sounds like a new theme to me! 40 more days is a long time to expect my audience to continue reading my drivel on a daily basis though. I'll have to put some more thought into that one.

I've been collecting yellow post-it notes with song titles scribbled on them. I often stream radio on the internet while I'm at work so as I hear songs that I think I'd like to blog about, I write them down on post-it notes. As a side note: They say that people are the least offended by notes written on yellow post-it notes.

5 days. Only 5 days left. And this is the list of songs I have collected:

No More Me and You -Amanda Wilkenson
No One Needs to Know - Shania Twain
Life is a Highway - Rascall Flatts
Who I am - Jessica Andrews
Thank You - Johnny Reid
Little Bitty - Alan Jackson
Country Roads - John Denver
Lets Talk About Love - Jessie Farrell
We Shall be Free - Garth Brooks
I Believe in You - Don Williams
One Day Closer to You - Carolyn Dawn Johnson
I Could Fly, You're Not My God, Blue Jeans, & One Chord Song - Keith Urban
9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
She's Unusually Unusual - Lonestar

...that's a few more than 5. I don't know where to start. Or should I say, I don't know where to stop?

Anyway...

Day by day
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by day

Love that song. Its from Godspell. I like Godspell a lot. Most people either really like Godspell, or can't even watch it. Actually, lots of people have never even heard of it. The first time I saw it was a number of years ago on Vision TV at 3am. I was absolultely enthralled with it and watched the entire thing, even at that terrible hour. Eventually I ordered a copy of it through Blockbuster. I've found that people who like Jesus Christ Superstar don't usually like Godspell. I'm the other way around. I've tried to watch Jesus Christ Superstar a few times, and just can't make it through the entire thing. But I love Godspell.

huh, maybe that's what I should do for Lent - Try to make it through all of Jesus Christ Superstar! ...it would probably take me that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments