Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 14. Come talk to me

Come down, Come talk to me

I said please talk to me

If you'd only come talk to me

Just like it used to be

Come down, come talk to me


I have this bad habit of leaning on song lyrics to express my own feelings. This is one of those songs with lyrics that jump out at me and smack me in the face when I find myself in one of those situations where I don't know what to say anymore.


To me, it speaks of frustration, and longing, and being lost, and not knowing what else to do. A lament, I suppose. We've all been there; maybe sometimes its just necessary to dwell on it for awhile. I think that's ok, and maybe that's why I like this song.


Thank you Jacob Moon for your wonderful music! (I have to say that because he's my facebook friend! - but really, I do like his stuff.) Here, I'll even promote him: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Moon/13058821454 . He's a talented guy.


ps. I tried to upload this picture of Jacob Moon to wikipedia (because I took the picture, so I have rights to it, so, I can do that). But, you have to have a wikipedia account to upload stuff and, frankly, I have far too many account names and passwords as it is - I don't feel the need to sign up for another one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool. He playes his acoustic through a delay pedal. I gotta start doing that. So you know this guy? Hey he's playing in Stouffville on March 21. You coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its super cool to watch him play guitar.

    I don't actually KNOW him, know him... but he did wish me a facebook happy birthday once, so that must count for something, right?

    You and Rae should go see him - I bet you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments