Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 17. God bless the broken road that led me straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
~ Rascal Flatts


I don't have an awful lot to say about this song, other than it is probably my absolute most favourite Rascal Flatts song on the planet. Just to clarify, because I had to explain this to someone recently, Rascal Flatts is a country group, not some rap artist.

I don't know why I like this song so much, maybe because I want it to be true for me someday. There I go again down the romanticizing path... I really am one of the most un-girly of girls I know, and I still can't help it! Country music and love stories, they just go hand in hand.

We had a priest at work a few years ago, Fr Ted - what a great man, he would have made a wonderful grandpa. Fr Ted's most favourite joke was 'what do you get when you play a country song backwards? You get your dog back, you get your truck back, you get your wife back, ...' *groan*


Anyway, that's all for now. I've got a 12 year old child on facebook who is 'plotting revenge' on me by feeding me McDonalds until I throw up and then burying me alive or something terribly imaginative like that. She went as far as telling me to sleep with one eye open. Naturally, my response was to tell her that I don't need to worry about that because I have a child-eating Tiger in my house. Little did I know that she's secretly a Ninja. So... I need to go take care of that... (No worries, I haven't jumped off the deep end, I just have some very imaginative church buddies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments