Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 19. Like we never loved at all

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are just about the most beautiful couple in all of Tennessee. They love their family, they love their music, they love God, and they've put out some pretty great songs over the years too.

I really do like 'Like we never loved at all'

"How can you just walk on by
Without one tear in your eye
Don't you have the slightest feelings left for me
Maybe that's just your way
Of dealing with the pain
Forgetting everything between our rise and fall
Like we never loved at all"

Its tragic, I know. Two people who have fallen so out of love that they can't even look at each other while walking down the street. Its sort of weird that Tim & Faith would even sing a song like this because they really do seem committed to each other and their family.

So, why do I like this song? Well, the more I think about it, the more I realize that stupid movie I watched the other day, 'He's just not that into you', was right: Girls love drama.

Where boys throw a few punches, grab some beer and carry on with life, girls feed on these insanely unhealthy emotional highs and lows. Its both physically and emotionally draining, destructive, lasts for far too long, and is usually completely ridiculous!

This song also reminds me of Grey's Anatomy. I know, I know, how do I even make these connections?? Probably has something to do with that whole Derrick, Addison, Meredith triangle thing; the divorce and the 'do I really love her' stuff. But again, its drama. The drama is what I'm drawn to. That's why I like that show; I'm sure it was written specifically for women, I don't know too many men who intentionally watch the show. DRAMA. Our own, or somebody else's, or completely fictional, it doesn't matter! We get sucked into it, and feed off of it like a bunch of hungry bloodsuckers. Most of the time, I don't think we even realize that we're doing it.

So, if I ever get really, really mad at you and just haul off and punch you, its because I'm trying to counteract my predisposed tendencies to sulk in my own misery. Offer me a drink, we'll watch 'the game' and then we'll be best buds. That's the better way to work out our differences, right?

1 comment:

  1. Feel Free to punch me whenever I need it! I probably will only offer you juice or ice tea, sorry no beer!

    rae

    ReplyDelete

I like comments