Monday, June 29, 2009

sold

I've been locked out of my online banking from my home computer for quite some time because at some point or another I accidentally typed in the wrong answer to a verification question. Something about my mother's first name and her legal first name not actually being the same word and apparently I forgot which one I had used as my answer... *sigh*

After 20 minutes on the phone with a very nice girl, I got my password and verification questions all reset, got everything up and running again, did my banking and she even conned me into buying some GICs! All without stepping foot inside a bank.

Two years ago this bank account was paying 4% interest - it was wonderful! Now, it pays 0.75%. Sick. (That's 'sick' in a bad way.) The GICs I was sold are paying 2% at the moment which is only slightly better than a kick in the pants, but since this is my 'maybe someday 40 years from now I'll actually be able to afford a house' money, I figure I can tie it up for a couple years without too much harm coming from it.

Now, if I can only figure out the exact formula for investing my RRSPs so that I don't lose money on them year after year...

So much for 'Freedom 35'

3 comments:

  1. I've started resetting my password immediately after one bad attempt on my accounts just because I've been locked out too many times recently and if I keep trying, I'll probably keep failing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had to go into the bank twice recently... and I kind of need to get my password reset again. How embaracing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another embarrassing thing! You spelled embarrassing wrong. :D hehe

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments