Sunday, June 21, 2009

Signs, signs, everywhere signs

Granted, there are some pretty silly signs out there. We've all had at least one email forward full of 'actual' signs that make you go 'wha??'.

But on rare occasions, you might actually get to see one of these signs in real life!

And so, for your viewing pleasure, I'd like to add a sign to the collection:





That's right.
This is a real sign. It sits all new and shiny, about 5miles from my parent's house, on the edge of a paved road.

Now, I donno, maybe I just wasn't aware of the Tree Ent problem in the area...

Maybe the small trees are more feisty? A little more spry and unpredictable in their movement perhaps? I'd personally be a little more worried about a big one jumping out in front of me!

The thing is, the sign appears within a clump of rather tall, seemingly securely rooted, cedar trees. Not a 'small tree' in sight.

I have a feeling that the dumb-ness of the sign is directly co-related to the alcohol consumption in the area.

2 comments:

  1. Mhmm... Welcome to Grey County!

    Best sign I ever saw was a long time ago on a mountain road in Alberta. It said "Rough Break In Road Ahead".

    We rounded the corner and my dad was like "holy @^$#@" and abruptly stopped. More than half of the road was gone. I was probably 6 at the time but I still remember it quite clearly. There was just 1 pylon and nothing else around a fairly tight corner.

    Small trees though? Yes... only in Grey County.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always giggle at the road signs in Alberta that say, "Important intersection ahead".

    Because then I think, "So, are other intersections unimportant? How does one decide if an intersection is important? Do the other intersections feel inadequate?"

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I like comments