Friday, June 5, 2009

When new bedsheets become exciting

Had dinner out with some friends & my parents last night. (uh... I saw the bill... sorry about that - at least the appetizer was free? Love me anyway, right?)

The friends, I have known since kindergarten. Next year is party year - we're all turning 30, and we will have known each other for 25 years!! That calls for a week away somewhere with lots sun, beach, and booz- ... heh, good books. The friends also didn't subject me to the gigantic horns of doom that Montana's likes to put on people's heads, so I guess I'll keep them around for a little while longer.

The parents, bought me bedsheets. And I was excited about it! That right there is a sure sign that I am getting old. My ideals have changed and I now get excited about boring things. wow!

No birthday cake though. (so... technically... I'm still 28?)

However! My brothers also have June birthdays and we will all be home together in a few weeks. I have been promised a bunny cake for the occasion! I don't know what it is about a chocolate cake in the shape of a bunny head wearing a bow-tie that makes it just so great - It might just be the nostalgia of childhood, or quite possibly the increased icing to cake ratio. Either way, bunny cake; even more exciting than bedsheets. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments