Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Workin' out with Jesus

Yeah, that's right. I've been working out with Jesus. Wii Fit style.

This past weekend I had my Wii Fit at a 30hr famine because kids generally like playing on it. Mostly, they like the balance games - hula hoop, ski jump... fun stuff.

The problem with Wii Fit is that everyone wants to have their own Mii to represent themselves, but there is only room to register 8 Miis on the game. I explained this to a couple girls at the famine and told them that the best solution was to make one Mii to represent everyone. They took up the challenge and started creating a Mii which would include facial characteristics from each of them. Well, it wasn't long before a beard got involved and suddenly, we had a very 'Jesus' looking Mii. We went with it, and took turns playing as the Jesus Mii all afternoon. Funny thing was that we made Jesus 6ft tall and the first person to step onto the balance board couldn't have weighed more than 70lbs. A 6ft tall man should not have a BMI of 3.2! Jesus almost fell over under the weight of his own body!

You may be thinking - This is the most blasphemous thing I've ever heard! But... think about it for a second. Who better to represent a large group of youth at a church (or anywhere for that matter) than Jesus himself? Besides, its a pretty common Christian theme to have Christ living in you, or through you, or for your life to be a reflection of Jesus. I don't think its that far off. Plus, I'd like to think that God has enough sense of humour to see there's no harm in going for a 15 minute jog with a cartoon Jesus leading the way!

Confession: Over the past month or so, a few people who haven't seen me for 6 months or more, have been suggesting that I've lost weight. Its true. ...Haven't actually worked that hard at it, and the wii fit can't take any credit for it; mostly I just stopped with the snacking and don't eat so much anymore. But I sure do like the look of that graph on Wii Fit that shows me I've lost 15lbs since Christmas! That's a pre-bible college weight and I'm pretty happy about it.

I'm still a lazy out of shape bum. And I'm still never going to join a gym. But I do need to get a little more active before I go trying to conquer a certain 78km backpacking trail this summer. So, me and Jesus are going to do a little more jogging, and hula-hooping, and rhythm boxing. Wii!

3 comments:

  1. I noticed you had lost weight.
    Come shopping with me. i know where some really good outlet stores are! And I need to buy some sleepers (not for me of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to remind you that you said you would never blog...although this is free so in that sense it's easier to cave. But still...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA... ah... crap. Thanks for that

    ReplyDelete

I like comments