Sunday, April 26, 2009

The problem with 2 hour drives...

Pretty much everywhere I care to visit on a regular basis is a 2 hour drive from my home (depending on factors such as traffic, weather, and police patrol). There is a significant problem with a 2 hour drive with only myself to keep me company - I think too much.

Two hours gives me just enough time to think and analyze and reminisce and ponder and debrief (if necessary), and generally leaves me with a feeling of nostalgia and/or pure exhaustion. Believe me you, if I could remember a quarter of what I thought about during the previous 2 hours, there'd be enough material to fill a rather intriguing blog for a very long time. Too bad for you I'm an introvert with an extremely short short-term memory! (Speaking of... dear 'Anonymous', if that is your real name, who commented on my last post: PPpppttttthhhhh)

In my reminiscing this evening, I re-lived a moment from last weekend. Last Sunday I went to my most very favourite Evangelical Lutheran Church to hang out with the most excellent youth there. After a fun filled afternoon of picnicking with the youth, I was bumbling around the youth room getting ready to leave and I said aloud, "I feel like I'm forgetting something". Instantaneously, the only youth left in the room replied, "Yeah, your dignity."

....(insert blank stare here)....

I've gotta admit, that was a pretty great burn! I'm proud of her - we have taught the children well! Unfortunately, she was right, and I'm not sure where my dignity is. ...probably in the same place I left my integrity. (Hardy, Har, Har, that was a joke. Sort of.)

2 comments:

  1. Being an introvert is a pain in the butt sometimes. Good to know there's someone else out there in same boat though... and they aren't totally insane. Glimmer of hope. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great burn. I'll use it as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments