Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sock it to 'em

4:30 on Holy Thursday.
I suppose I could be working... But the truth of the matter is that I finally finished my Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Financial Report of Doom today (the one that was due at the end of February), and with that weight being lifted from my shoulders for yet another year, I don't especially feel the need to hurry into another project. Especially right before a nice long 4 day weekend!

So here I am, thinking about socks and not work. Trust me, my job has nothing to do with socks - ever.

I bought two new pairs of socks the other day. Wool socks. Special wool socks. Hiking socks. I'm pretty keen on this whole idea of a backpacking adventure right now, to the point that I actually bought special hiking socks! Silly me.

Really though, this is no joke. From the myriad of information I have gleaned from the internet (effectively making me an expert on the subject - obviously), proper socks are second only to properly fitting boots in the battle against weary, blistered feet. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not get blisters 50km into the middle of nowhere! So I invested in two pair of socks.

And by 'invested' I mean, they were bloody expensive! $20/pair expensive! (just like the ones in the picture from Marks Work Warehouse)

But, mmm...., they are the most amazing socks I've ever worn in my life. (They should be for that price!) They are something else. Putting them on is like a mini vacation to the spa. The wool keeps my feet nice and dry and just the right temperature. And they're super cushy and soft. The best part is that they feel like they're hugging the arches of my feet! Socks with arch support - who woulda thought?! Pure wonderful bliss. I'm wearing a pair right now - they're heavenly.

7 comments:

  1. Make sure you wear them when you go boot shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you get a better backpack and some spring loaded walking poles (available from SunTrails). They're very helpful when going up and down. And back country hiking is definitely a lot of up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better backpack? ...I can't take yours? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not so much. But I can lend you Seasons 3 and 4 of Scrubs if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40 some odd episodes of scrubs in a 3 week span is more than enough for me right now. I don't want to over do it. Someday though

    Also... how many litres is your backpack?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol you're talking via comments on a blog.... Get a phone hippies!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments