Thursday, April 23, 2009

I have a strong dislike for CBC Radio

But... I made a discovery yesterday.

Its called 'Concerts on Demand' on CBC Radio 2.

On this website, they've got 945 (and counting) recorded concerts of Canadian artists. Pick the artist you want to listen to, hit play, and you've got an hour or so of personal concert right on your computer. Its pretty neat. Sure, there's a whole bunch of stuff like jazz & orchestra music that I'll never listen to, but I have already listened to a Great Big Sea concert and a Steve Bell concert and am looking forward to hearing Ian Tyson, The Rankin Family, and Gordon Lightfoot. woo.
(yes... I know I'm lame)

6 comments:

  1. Don't forget to vote people. It is your civic duty to vote on this blog dealy. Fight terrorism, vote YES to proposition Amy writes a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Maybe Dave should write a blog instead of just being a blog stalker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to write a lot.... there's a place on the interweb with waaay too much crap written by me. >.> But nobody wants to read dave gibber talk anymore so i stopped.

    But for now I just flip through facebook/blogs/other stuff. It's what you do when you are taking a break from real life.

    Like webcomics :D www.achewood.com for instance. I identify with the roast beef character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love listening to some CBC shows on the radio. I heard that there is a Radio 2 concert of a famous country singer playing with an orchestra. I can't find it on there because I didn't write down the artist's name. Let me know if you find it.

    I voted

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bunch of the unique hits are probably just people with dynamic ip addresses. Maybe you don't have as many blog stalkers as you think.

    My ip address is static so I only ever got counted once.

    Also, don't knock blog stalking. If it wasn't for us you would just be writing to yourself on an open forum.... which would add points to your crazy factor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, yeah... crazy factor. I know there aren't actually 240 people reading this. 12 would be more than I'd expect really. But its nice to dream about being popular sometimes
    Its alright - I don't mind you stalking me cause I know you're doing it! I'm a pretty active stalker myself.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments