Monday, April 13, 2009

This hiking thing is getting serious

Essentially, this is about what my current hiking gear looks like....


Its time for a bit of an upgrade.

So I'm off to Suntrail Outfitters in Hepworth for the afternoon. (Easter Monday and I don't have to work!)

Its been probably 15 years since I've last been in that store. I remember it being expensive, but that's about it. Should be interesting. I'm not sure if I'll actually even buy anything. It'll probably still take a visit to MEC for me to get everything I need.

By the way, the epic adventure to Killarney is a go. August 8th-16th. There are only 3 of us going - if you'd like to come along, let me know. Seriously, we'd really like a 4th person. 78km in 8 days: it's not going to be a grueling death march through the woods. For the most part, we're only going 7 or 8km/day.

If you're interested in something sooner, there's a bunch of us going to hike a section of the Bruce during the May long weekend. This one will probably be closer to 15-18km/day for 3 days. Again, let me know if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments