Sunday, April 5, 2009

SWF...

I spent last night and today with my adopted Vanderstelt family. They really are my second family, my home away from home. You know you're part of the family when they tease you, and I get teased mercilessly there!

Typically, the teasing is about relationships (or lack there of). Guys; lets find a guy for Amy. Now, you need to understand that I've been telling Pastor Bill for probably close to 10 years that I'm pretty open to the idea of him arranging a marriage for me. He hasn't been successful thus far, but recently he told me about a book that he was reading (I think it was "Quitting Church") that suggested that this whole dating thing is only like 100 years old, and maybe its wrong, and really, maybe it SHOULD be the religious leader's job to pair people. I think I told him to get a move on; I'm getting old you know!

Well, this weekend the children of the family took matters into their own hands and wrote up a list of requirements which a guy would have to meet to be deemed suitable for me:

-loves road trips
-fun
-outdoors man
-must know how to two-step
-Christian
-NOT from Desboro
-No mustache
-6 foot+ (preferable)
-enjoys facebook
-has a vehicle (prefer pickup truck - send picture)
-has a good/stable job
-goes to church EVERY Sunday; even after partying Saturday night
-NO dresses
-Likes reading (Harry Potter,the Bible)
-tolerate country music, if not love it
-NOT born in Grey County
-enjoys pie & chocolate milk :D
-never been in jail
-decision maker
-good at communicating
-likes the Vanderstelts
-NOT a vegetarian
-older than Emily (preferably in the 27-34 range)
-ok with kids

(I did tell them that I think I'd prefer someone born in Grey County, but they kept telling me that's not an option because I'm related to everyone in Grey County. And I'm not quite sure why they felt the need to specify that the guy must not be into wearing dresses...)

On the whole, I'm pretty satisfied with the list. And believe me, you, this list will probably be posted on their fridge and stay there until I actually find a guy who meets the requirements! All joking aside, I appreciate it because, as silly as it all is, their opinion does matter to me. Guys be warned, meeting my parents is nothing compared to meeting my Vanderstelt family!

2 comments:

  1. I think the NO dresses and never been to jail things goes with the not from desboro thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, as a married Mom I love that you called me one of the children! I feel like I need to get out some barbie dolls to play with. Smiles.

    This list thing works. We posted Shannon's list on the fridge and two weeks later she came home with Mike.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments