Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Walk Hard

I went for a walk tonight. The weather was just too perfect to not get out (I have visions of another massive snowstorm before spring is finally here for good).

I almost didn't go out. I went curling Saturday and ...pulled an important muscle for walking. That's what you get when you only go curling once a year I suppose. Anyway, I considered using it as an excuse to not go for a walk - didn't want to make it hurt again. But, in the end, I took the chance that a walk would do more good than harm.

I'm a country kid. I'm used to going out for a walk down a dirt road (or through the back 40) and not seeing anyone the entire time I'm out. Out there in the country I can walk down the centre of the road, talk to myself, swing my arms around in grand gestures, yell, try to sneak up on bunnies, kick stones, whatever I want really.

I live in a city now. There are people everywhere. They look at you funny when you talk to yourself.


Upon returning, I jumped on the Wii Fit. I purchased a Wii Fit way back before Christmas as my alternative to a gym membership (gym people look at you funny when you talk to yourself there too). I use my Wii Fit about as much as I would use a gym membership --> not nearly enough.

I did however unlock a new activity tonight that might keep me coming back: "rhythm boxing". Being a person with absolutely no sense of rhythm, it took me awhile to get the hang of it, but it is super fun! It helps that for the last 10 seconds of the exercise you get to just wail on this punching bag as hard as you can.

Yeah, Wii Fit maybe isn't the most ideal of exercise programs but it'll make you sweat if you play it long enough and its pretty fun too. I mean, who doesn't like to pretend hula-hoop in the middle of their living room?

1 comment:

I like comments