Thursday, March 19, 2009

I've been everywhere Man

I've realized that I've never fully explained the header on this blog.

In my fight against starting a blog, a friend of mine suggested that I could use a blog to write about my travels. Gotta admit, I go a lot of places. Nothing too fancy, but I do have 30,000km on a 2009 Corolla - that's gotta count for something! Thus the name of the blog, Travels with Aimer. (The 'extra-long-winded' part is just because sometimes I don't know when people have quit paying attention and I should stop talking.)

Anyway, I put the header together with pictures I've taken at places I've been. Some are pretty obvious, others not so much. I'll give you the grand tour:





1. A waterfall. Good. Its actually Inglis Falls in my own backyard of Owen Sound.
2. A flower. Ok, this one could be from anywhere really. I took it at Camp Edgewood, Eden Mills.
3. The Sky. Earth? Ok, not so obvious, but the sky and the water at the bottom of the header are the same picture. The in-between part of the the picture that isn't visible is of a mountain at Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.
4. A pretty famous statue of a pretty famous guy. The Terry Fox monument in Thunder Bay. Watch this video from 1982.
5. That's a big goose. Wawa, Ontario - reminds me of that Red Green movie where they made the giant goose out of duct tape.
6. Mount Rushmore, South Dakota. Don't be fooled, the place is a giant tourist trap.
7. The Parthenon, Greece. HAHAHA (I've never been in a plane, so that's not possible). THIS Parthenon is a full scale replica in Nashville Tennessee.
8. I love the mountains, I love the... sorry, camp song. These mountains are in Jasper National Park, Alberta.
9. Sun Studios, Memphis Tennessee. Where the King got his start (him and a few other people).
10. Corner Gas, Rouleau Saskatchewan. Not a whole lot there, but still worth the trip!

So there you go. I've been all these places and more. I love a good road trip. ...anyone want to go somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments