Sunday, March 29, 2009

The times they are a changing

I had a very sudden and fleeting scare tonight that, for an instant, made me think there was potential for me to lose someone who means an awful lot to me.

Over the past two years or so, so many people, who mean so much to me, have made transitions and gone on to new chapters in their lives. They're not all completely gone from my life - just a little harder to stay in touch with.

Relationships change all the time; people's lives are always in a state of fluctuation. People change: get new jobs, move to new cities, get married, go to school, have kids, fall in and out of love, get sick... Friendships come & go for a variety of reasons, but the facts don't make it any easier to let someone go whom you know you're really, really going to miss.

Missing people sucks.

I'm afraid that as I get older, there's just more and more potential for me to end up missing more and more people. That really sucks. I don't look forward to that part of growing up.

3 comments:

  1. Fill your life with many people. Yes, you will lose some but if you hadn't known them, your loss would be even greater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always miss you, even when we lived 20 minutes from each other. But you have a million friends all over North America so you will never be alone. Plus, you can come and live at my house if you ever feel you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya it's a consequence of thinking too much. Some people are wired this way. Easy for people to tell ya how to deal with it. Way harder to actually deal with it. Least there's more than one person out there in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments