Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sunshine, rainbows & teddy grahams



full-sized here.


In the world of newspaper comic strips, there are only a few that I read on a regular basis. One of them is 'Pearls before Swine' - talking animals at their finest really.

This week, they happen to be making fun of another comic strip: 'Garfield minus Garfield', which is a comic strip that makes fun of another strip which is void of any actual humour 90% of the time - 'Garfield'. In 'Garfield minus Garfield' they just take the regular 'Garfield' strip, and erase Garfield leaving Jon talking to himself and looking crazy. In theory, it sounds sort of funny. Except that... Garfield isn't funny to begin with.

If I'm going to spend 15 seconds of my day reading a comic strip when it pops up on my RSS feed, it'd better be funny! Pearls before Swine delivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments