Monday, March 23, 2009

"Dancin' like a fly, bite like a mosquito!"

I witnessed something this past weekend that was absolutely astounding. Well, amusing anyway. Imagine a dog. A medium sized golden retriever. One year old and full of energy. Running around, playing, jumping up, play fighting, sniffing everyone, full of energy and enjoying life. Enter the evil red muzzle of doom. No sooner had that muzzle been put on that happy excited dog than BAM! complete and total change of disposition. That poor dog became instantly depressed, knew he was in trouble, and sat quietly with the biggest, saddest puppy-dog eyes you have ever seen!


Every once in awhile I get edgy and I go looking for a fight. I'm an oldest child, so I've won my fair share of fights over the years (well... until my little bros got bigger than me and I quickly learned to just walk away!) But every once in awhile - ooh, what I wouldn't give to step back in time 15 years and have a full-blown all out wrestling match with someone! (Not into fist fights so much - don't like the potential of blood and broken bones. Its not about hurting a person afterall, just wrestling into submission and sitting on heads!)

I've been clenching my fists all day today looking for a good fight. And its not that I'm angry - not at all, not in the least little bit! Maybe I just have a bit of pent-up energy to spend, but wow, all day long its been all I can do to keep myself from poking an angry bear with a stick! They say that you have a pretty good chance of getting mauled when you do that, but some days, the entertainment factor is just too great to not do it! Does that make me a jerk? Yes. But to be fair, I usually lose anyway.

The muzzle thing isn't very fun, but sometimes its in my best interest just to keep my mouth shut before I end up looking like poor Mac there in the picture! My boxing skills are better in video games than in real life anyway.


Speaking of bears... Check out this blog of Bob T Bear, Esq.

2 comments:

  1. http://bobs-diary.blogspot.com/2006/10/not-so-charmin-campaign.html

    ReplyDelete

I like comments