Saturday, October 17, 2009

Jesus is my Saviour, not you.

You can typically count on prime-time TV to not have anything very constructive to say about Christianity. But every so often those TV writers manage to pull something out of their socks that actually hits the nail on the head. And I smile a happy smile and think 'yeah'.

So when my favourite show, Grey's, sticks up for Jesus - double 'yeah'.

Who knows how long this video will actually remain on youtube, but for now, here's the clip I'm talking about (find the scene at 0:38 - 2:27)




I thank God every day that it's not my job to judge whether homosexuality is right or wrong. Honestly, I think there are more important things in this world that we should be concerned about - poverty, social justice, spreading a message of love, mercy & grace, etc, etc, etc.

The winds of Christianity have been changing (very, very slowly) for quite some time, but they are changing. I think, I hope, that people are starting to realize that we don't live in a black & white world, it's a full spectrum of grey - No. Not grey. Technicolor is a much better description; every colour imaginable.

Not one of us is free from doing something wrong or incredibly stupid once in awhile. And there will always be those instances where one person sees a sinful action, and yet another person sees the same thing as just a daily part of life. Our 'kids duking it out on the schoolyard' mentality often never really goes away - the issues we deal with just get more complicated as we grow older. Rather than getting all uppity and drawing lines in the sand over such actions, wouldn't it be better for us all to approach life with a little grace and understanding?

"You're supposed to love me no matter what, that's what a parent does." Our actions aren't always right, but they are always, always overshadowed by God's overwhelmingly abundant love for each and every one of us.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Neat. Real issues. I had a debate like this with someone once and boy did they get worked up like her father did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, hot lesbians are awesome!! -Dave

    ReplyDelete

I like comments