Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloweeny

It has been years, and years, and years, and years since I have watched my mother make homemade caramel corn.  huh.  It only ever happens at halloween.  I wonder what I'd have to do to convince her to make some again..?

Homemade caramel corn and brown sugar fudge - Used to have a whole pile of that after an evening of scouring the neighbourhood for candy.  ...never really my favourite, but my dad always appreciated it!

Do people even bother to give out the homemade stuff anymore?

3 comments:

  1. Not usually. People get all worried it'll be full of poison and what not. I still remember it though. Good ole bits of corn stuck in your teeth... so much sugar. o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lady on the CBC radio tonight didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmel corn is quite easy to make although I had troubles with brown sugar candy - stupid altitude and boiling points.

    I ended up giving out Mr. Freezies. Good for all ages and if parents were worried about H1N1, they could wash the outside before the kiddies ate them.

    Happy Hallowe'en!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I like comments