Monday, October 5, 2009

fkwalksdjf!!

To. I am going TO do the dishes.
Two. I have TWO plates to wash.
Too. I put TOO many bubbles in the water.

There. I am going over THERE.
Their. THEIR car is blocking my driveway.
They're. THEY ARE going to move the car.

Where. WHERE are you going today?
Were. We WERE at the zoo.
We're. WE ARE going to take the bus.
Ware. That store sells plenty of WARES.
Wear. I'll WEAR shorts, thanks.

Weather. Have you seen the WEATHER? It is supposed to rain all week.
Whether. We'll go on vacation WHETHER or not it rains.

Its. The cat licked ITS paw.
It's. IT IS a beautiful night to save lives.
(admittedly, I get lazy and drop the comma in 'it's' frequently - but when push comes to shove, I do know how to use it (its, it's) properly)

Bare. The cupboards are bare.
Bear. I can't bear to see you're incredibly poor grammar skills any longer!

Your. YOUR car is in my way.
You're. YOU ARE not going to like what I'm planning to do about it.


GAHHH
Seriously, I am deeply concerned about our future generations' writing skills.
Of course, if you're reading this, your writing skills are most likely just fine. Maybe I should post this to Facebook...

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that not too many people have read this yet, otherwise this comments section would be full of people pointing out all the grammatical errors in my writing!

    For example...
    I ended a sentence with a preposition. (Although, one could argue against that rule.)
    I started a sentence without capitalizing the fist letter.
    I ended a sentence without a period.
    I used more than one set of parentheses without surrounding them by commas.
    I used the word 'comma' instead of 'apostrophe'.

    *sigh*
    5000 years from now when archeologists are researching the ancient dead language 'English', they are going to be so confused!

    Maybe we're reverting to an oral society, or possibly even just grunting and pointing.

    I should point out that this rant was the product of once again reading a poorly penned facebook note. The person was genuinely trying to make a valid point, but the point was lost amongst the slew of utterly teeth-grinding mistakes.

    I'm not judging you. Promise. I'm judging society as a whole. Or possibly the education system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eevr snice I lareend you can raed suftf wtih the lttres jmulbed up I stpoped wrroying abuot this sort of thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! How long did it take you to write that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not very long. All you need are the first and last letters in place then just jumble the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bear. Arghh aaaah a bear is eating me!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments