Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Goodnight, and don't let Karma kick you in the teeth on the way out the door!

So this morning I woke up with a headache for the second day in a row.  I thought the probable cause was dehydration because I haven't been drinking enough water lately. No big deal.  I can fix that.

I also took a breath and this cough from deep within my chest came out of nowhere.  Not really a surprise; I was sick as a dog with a sinus cold that moved to my chest a couple months ago and once in awhile the cough still comes back to get me.  Probably if I went out for a good long run I'd knock it out of my system for good.  (More likely, I would fall over gasping because I'm not a runner!)

And then I wrote that happy little essay about not caring to get an H1N1 shot (and not being able to get one even if I actually wanted one).  That's about the time when all the muscles in my back decided that they were going on strike and slowly just got more and more sore as the day went on.  That's also about the time I should have just packed it in and went home, but honestly, I really didn't feel all that sick so I stayed at work and coughed germs all over my computer.

And now I'm sitting here reading the Government of Canada flu propoganda I found in my mailbox.  Let's see...

Symptoms:
 (almost always)
- Sudden onset of cough and fever.  Check.

(common)
- Fatigue.  Not so much, not yet anyway.
- Muscle aches.  Check.
- Sore throat.  Not really, the cold was 1000x worse. Plus I've been dealing with sore wisdom teeth, which doesn't even compare!
- Headache.  Check.
- Decreased appetite.  Doesn't seem to be a problem. (Where's that bag of Smartfood?)
-Runny nose.  Yeah!  Wasn't expecting that to be on the list!

(sometimes)
- well... they're the nasty ones and I don't have any of those so, moving on

So THIS is what the flu feels like??  I've felt like this in the past.  Usually I pop a couple Advil and continue on my day.  For serious!  I don't feel all that sick right now, and I'm not even currently doped up on anything!   But this time around, everything you read is all like: STAY AT HOME!! Don't spread it around!!  I'm going to be bored out of my mind staying at home all day tomorrow!

On the plus side, I guess I don't need to worry about that H1N1 shot now! lol
Oh... and I guess I shouldn't help out at that church dinner tomorrow night... bummer... really upset about that one...
Maybe I'll write hourly blog updates tomorrow - I've got nothing better to do.  It'll be like a National Enquirer expose, something like Swine Flu: an Insider's Look! 

...

Anyway, if I have hooves for feet the next time you see me, you'll know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments