Friday, July 17, 2009

Aw, Fark!

What?

Oh, so, 'Fark' is not some new slang I have picked up, it is actually a website. www.fark.com

It is a catch-all for mostly useless news. "It's not news, It's Fark!"
Suppose you are reading a news article on the internet and suddenly you stop and tilt your head a little to the right, and your jaw drops, and you squint your eyes a little, and you say 'wha?'. THAT is where Fark comes in. Fark is a website where people from all over the world submit these slightly ridiculous news articles, and then the best ones are picked and published on the main page every day.

I get an RSS feed on Google Reader (very helpful tool) from the local paper. Today, a certain headline stopped me in my tracks: 'Cops Talk to Man about "ill-fitting thong" '.

Now, if that is not Fark-worthy enough as is, upon opening the article, I noticed that this incident happened in Clearview Twp. CLEARVIEW. Indecent Exposure. Need I say more? Come on! You've gotta be smiling a little!

I pointed this out to a friend of mine, and he immediately submitted it to Fark. So, we've sort of been waiting around all day hoping that it will eventually show up on the main page. But alas, only about 5% of submissions are picked to be published, and ours is not there yet. So much for that 30 seconds of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments