Thursday, May 7, 2009

I've got nothin'

So, here I am, writing a whole lot of nothing cause I don't really have anything exciting to write about. That means you're about to read a pile of random - enjoy!

1. I've come to realize that more of my friends are single rather than married. All those people I went to highschool with, and college with - I mean, these are people in their mid-20's, some pushing 30, and a lot, A LOT, of us are still single. What's the problem? Are we just too picky these days, or have our parents raised a generation of children who are so over the top cautious that we don't know how to risk falling in love? Either way, my list still stands.

2. My big blog survey is almost over. I don't imagine that the results are going to change much in the next hour or so, so I think its safe to talk about it. I laughed today when I saw that one more person voted for 'I read it every day!' - if that's so, how come it took you 2 weeks to vote on my survey? :P And thank you to the person who doesn't know what a blog is; I LOL'd (that means 'Loads of Laughter' in case you're wondering, to which I should post a link to a 22 Minutes episode, but I looked for it once and couldn't find it. I'm sure Tim could point you in the right direction though)

3. Speaking of the 11 people who voted.... I guess at least one of you has an IP address which is constantly resetting itself, which is throwing off my unique user hit count. So, I deleted it. It was nice thinking that 300 people had visited my blog, but it was a little far-fetched. I'll leave my hit counter up, although, probably half of those 1700 hits have been me checking my own blog. How lame is that?

4. I bought a case of beer yesterday. Its the first 2-4 I've had the pleasure of dragging up the stairs into my apartment. Its my summer stock. We'll see how long it lasts (probably some co-relation to how many visitors I get). Its the kind of beer that can only be purchased in Grey County, or in Guelph - but only because so many people from Grey County live in Guelph. That's right. Crystal. Not so much because its good, but because I'm brand loyal. Or something.

5. Work is good (this week). I got a new computer monitor out of the blue yesterday. The amount of annoyed I was about the $$ which was spent on it was considerably less than the amount of happy I was to be getting rid of a dinosaur of a CRT monitor. And yes, I fully realize that my boss is buying my loyalty.
I also started using Quickbooks this week. Its ...quick. Like, ok, for instance, this is what I used to have to do when paying bills:
- code the invoice with proper account numbers and stuff
- write a cheque and cheque stub by hand
-stamp each cheque in the cheque stamping machine
-find boss to get him to sign cheques
-address envelopes by hand
-stuff & mail cheques
-file invoices
-record cheque stubs into accounting program

Now, eventually anyway, ideally, this is what should happen:
-Write cheque in quickbooks
-print
-stuff in envelope & mail
-file invoice

Seriously! I'm so excited! This is exciting! You just don't understand how completely wonderful this is! I'm going to have so much more time to do other work, and play on facebook - I mean... heh heh... do other work, it's awesome. I spend a full day, sometimes more, EVERY WEEK writing stupid cheques - we're talking about cutting that time in half! I'm already stratigizing for my future - could I conceivably cut my work week down to 4 days?? Interesting thought - it'd be like semi-retirement by age 30! woohoo!

6. I was going to go to bed early tonight. And then this blog happened.

9 comments:

  1. Try sticking google analytics on your dealy. http://www.google.com/analytics/
    It yields some pretty interesting data. :) Even has a little map that shows you where the people viewing your site are. "well at least best it can going by ip addresses"

    Will tell you how people go to your blog.

    Only thing is if someone has a script blocker installed in their browser to block java apps n such and they don't allow it to run then you don't get the data. Anyhooo, it's more interesting then a straight counter thing.

    It does take about 24hrs to get some data though. Just something to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the thing with IP addresses, unless you want to pay for a static IP (one that doesn't change), most people's IP address changes weekly. Figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/66579/detail/

    lol. ew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo, I signed up for blog spot because it has way more features. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I put a picture at the top like you did? How do I make a picture like you did. Oh you probably photo shop'ed it didn't you. Oh you crazy camera girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come to my parents house tomorrow for some serious settlers action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Timothy, I knew I could count on you for the link.

    Rae - check your facebook

    Dave - ...you and Tim are currently in a tie for guys I know who are super computer geeks. I think its pretty important to have at least one friend to fill that role, so don't take it as a bad thing. But if you want to move to the top of the list, you're going to have to do something uber-geeky. Just saying.

    As for you other 8 people who check this blog on at least an occasional basis - where's the love?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't take that sort of thing as bad. I've been a computer nerd since they first let me at a PC when HCCS got those two computers they stuck in the hall. :)

    I don't count the ICONS from the library. phew those things were bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm an avid reader. I don't check every day but almost!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments