Monday, May 25, 2009

Awesome

I've stumbled across a blog, and am now following it on a regular basis. The site is called 1000 Awesome Things; the premise is that, each weekday, the author adds one new seemingly everyday thing that is awesome - a small moment of awesome for each day. Some of the things are stupid, but some of the things make you go, 'yeah, that is awesome!'

So, I'd like to add a couple of my own things to the awesome list:

- That cool sound a pot of water makes when you accidentally clink it on the tap in the sink.

-

...ok, so there's only one. I had something else but I can't remember what it is anymore. It would be really awesome to actually remember a thought long enough to write it down!

OOOOH!! I REMEMBER!! And it IS awesome: Opening up your email expecting to find nothing, (or worse - spam), but instead finding an email from that one person you were really hoping would send you a message! Awesome.

Also, doing random searches on internet dating sites and accidently finding people you know! lol

And, one for the road, that sweet sound of silence after a screaming baby finally falls asleep.



As for the not-blogging-in-a-while thing, I just spent 3 fun-filled days visiting some friends in our nation's capital. It was fun, and relaxing, I didn't touch a computer at all during those 3 days, and I'm still alive to tell the story. My drive home however gave me plenty of time to think, and when I think, bad things usually happen. I'm still trying to decide if it's a blog-worthy subject; if so, I'm afraid it will be more akin to a long rambling essay than fun little blog entry. Consider yourself warned.

4 comments:

  1. I consider myself warned.

    Oh and I second the LOL on finding people on dating sites that you know. :)

    I like this awesome things deal.
    me I think a hug from a person that loves ya is awesome. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I think I know where the screaming baby thing comes from.

    I hope you post your long rambling essay. I hope it isn't about incompetent parents who let their baby scream in the car the whole way from Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make with the rambling essay already! :) You're public demands it. :D lol

    I've resorted to reading other forms of literature to fill my word quota for the day.

    Without an Amyblog fix I'll have to resort to drastic measures such as asking you out to a real life situation to converse in non text form. The idea boggles the mind. Without text to express things I think we would be at a loss. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would be at a loss. That's why you should not ever do such a silly thing. Keep it to the text.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments