Thursday, May 28, 2009

Essay this

You ever feel like we sometimes get too caught up in over thinking things? Like, it makes us feel smarter if we analyze every little aspect of every little day, or write giant long blogs about the random thought processes we have while driving? What if we're getting so caught up in the little bits & pieces of life that we're missing the grander picture?

My pa never watched Dawson's Creek when it was on. He said it was a stupid show because teenaged kids don't talk like that, or have such complicated lives as that, or suffer so much angst. But then a whole generation of kids grew up watching Dawson's Creek thinking that's how life should be, that its normal to have crazy lives filled with drama, so we all grew up and got blogs and started creating soap operas out of our own lives! Stupid tv, look what you've done to us.

I'm tired of feeling like I always have to have something profound to say on this thing. I'm ready to put the over-thinking-cap aside for awhile and just have some silly fun.

In other news, this humid weather has made my secondhand couch smell sort of like the furball animal that obviously used to live on it. Anyone have a magic couch cleaning potion?

3 comments:

  1. I'm a huge over thinker. Hence the not blogging very often because I often lose focus on what I'm trying to say and I end up just deleting my post. random fun is good!

    this humid weather made my hair laugh at me and remind me that no amount of gel or other hair products will ever really tame it. It's ridiculous how frizzy it can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Febreeze If you can stand the smell of it.

    I over think way too much and then worry about things that can't possibly happen. and I didn't even watch Dawson's creek or 90210 or any of those other shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to compare my life to Dawson's Creek in high school. Everyone dated everyone. It was ridiculous now that I think about it.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments