Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wardrobe Malfunction

whine, whine, whine, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Apparently, if I don't blog enough, I risk having a Missing Persons report filed for me.  I know that my life is far more exciting than anyone else's, and that a day without a 'Travels with Aimer' blog feels like a thousand years, but come on!  Seriously, don't you have anything better to do to fill up the next 5 minutes of your life?

I certainly hope so...

You should leave now.

I'm giving you an opportunity to escape my drivel.

Go, do something productive with your time.

Last chance...

I'm warning you, you don't want to read this....

Ok, fine.

(but don't say I didn't warn you)



I seem to have lost a pair of blue jeans.  I only have 2 decent pair of blue jeans.  How I misplaced one pair, I have no idea.  I'm hoping for a magical reappearance anytime now.

Today was laundry day.  Woo.  The laundry mat was a little more busy than usual, but not exciting in the least.

Yes, I do have an apartment sized washer and dryer at home.  No, the washing machine doesn't work.  Yes, it could be fixed.  If I'd just go order the parts....  Some day I'll do that.  Promise.  But mostly it's way more convenient to do all my laundry all at once in about 6 different machines of which I'm not responsible for the hydro bill.

So anyway, doing my laundry was when I discovered that I don't actually know where my other pair of jeans are (is?).  :(  I also blew an underwire in one of my better bras.  (what?  Too much information?  I warned you about reading this!).

I also bought new undergarments today.  In the wrong size.

Got some new socks too.  One of which I promptly cut a hole in while trying to snip off that annoying little plastic tag holder thing.  That's right.  I CUT A HOLE IN A BRAND NEW SOCK!  *sigh*   Thinking that I could salvage the sock by melting the threads together so that the hole couldn't spread, I grabbed a bbq lighter and just about burned my hand as my sock went up in flames.

I also purchased a new toque.  I've wanted one with ear flaps for about a thousand years or so, and was really banking on one for Christmas this year.  I've always sort of hated hats because they look dumb and they ride up, leaving my poor ears exposed to the cold.  This one still looks dumb, but is super comfy (not exactly as pictured), and will always ensure that my ears remain covered.  I haven't taken it off for about 3 hours.  I feel very fashionable.  Maybe I'll wear it to work tomorrow.

I should probably also mention that I went out in public this evening wearing sweatpants - something I have not done since about 1991.


All in all... I amaze even myself.

2 comments:

  1. Le Senza has a bra sale on right now, 3 for $30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be surprised if the other socks from that pack gradually go missing - they're trying to save themselves after that brutal display! Chances are they'll be hanging out with your missing jeans!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments