Thursday, January 7, 2010

And the results are in!

Just before Christmas, two of my regularly watched tv shows ended in cliff hanger plane crashes involving main characters.  Merry. Freaking. Christmas.  Well, the holidays are over and tv is finally beginning to resume its regularly scheduled programming.

Desperate Housewives killed off an unborn fetus, a nurse who had appeared in about two episodes, and a sleazy jerk of an ex husband who, although has been around since the show began, wasn't really a main character and won't be missed much.

Heartland, in true Canadian TV fashion, didn't kill off anyone.  This was a good thing, because the episode was enough of a tear jerker without having someone die.

All in all, plane crash crisis averted.  phew

Heartland, being a true Canadian TV show, apparently doesn't have a lot of funding for soundtrack songs - they quietly played the same song over and over again throughout the episode.  The song is called 'Our Voices' by Matthew Barber (there's a link to the song over there on the right hand side of the screen under 'If my life had a soundtrack...').  I like it.  I've since listened to clips from a few of his songs; it's good stuff.  www.matthewbarber.com   A good Canadian musician.


On another note.  What's with bra colours taking over Facebook statuses?!!  I don't care what colour your bra is.  (I don't even care if you're wearing a bra!)

Ok, so the deal is: there's a 'secret' message being passed around from girl to girl via facebook message telling them to post the colour of the bra they're wearing.  One version says that it's to promote breast cancer awareness, another version says that it's a fun thing to confuse the boys with.

The exponential growth of this thing is just crazy!  I have never seen something travel through facebook so quickly! 

3 updates between midnight - noon
4 updates between noon - 3pm
13 bra colour updates between 3pm - 6pm
and 10 bra colour updates in the past hour!

I'm sure there's some sort of sociological lesson to be learned here somewhere.  If this keeps up, I will know all my girlfriends' bra colours by midnight!  Oh, and just for reference, black seems to be the most popular, followed by white and purple.

6 comments:

  1. lol I might have known TV shows were on your list :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 more updates in the last 20 minutes... Apparently, most women wear bras! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a chain letter only worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just waiting for Grey's .. I can't wait for Greys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another 25 bra updates over the past 3 hours. I'm really getting tired of this! Hope it dies down soon. (Black is still winning)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize what the colour thing was about until I saw a comment on someones status. Not sure it's very effective in raising breast cancer awareness when its not really mentioned. Though perhaps the confusion was deliberate to get people talking. I pretty much avoid participating in stuff like that. I'd rather just tell people to do regular breast exams. If anything this reminded me that I needed to get new bras - so thank you colour thing I now have new bras and no I won't be posting that information.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments