Thursday, January 28, 2010

Famous by Association

So I was going to blog about Toyota and the fact that I think it's rather ridiculous that their car recall has hit the news in such a big way (and that their stocks have taken a nosedive because of it).  Not to say that it isn't an important issue (I drive one of those vehicles that's going to be recalled), but I don't think it deserves the attention that it's getting.

...also, I haven't received a recall notice yet.  Probably because, they don't know HOW to fix the problem yet!  But funny how the recall notice I got months ago about the breaks never hit the news.  I guess the potential for frozen breaks in cold weather just isn't very interesting in Canada.

Since I'm on the Toyota rant anyway:  I read a story about a family in San Diego or somewhere like that being killed because of this sticky gas pedal thing.  The car accelerated to 190km/hr before the driver lost control and slammed into something.  Now, I'm not sure my car could actually do 190km/hr, but if it did start speeding up uncontrollably, I'm pretty sure my first reaction would be to throw it into neutral.   Which got me thinking:  Is it Toyota's fault that the driver didn't know how to stop his speeding car?  We put far too much blind faith into the gadgets that we fill our lives with...


I was also going to blog about Steve Jobs' new toy, the iPad.  Bravo Steve, Bravo!   THIS new gadget is exactly what I need in my life!  I mean, doesn't everyone want a super-sized version of an iPod Touch??   Doesn't it look like they just ran out of ideas so they made a bigger scale iPod?  "Ooh, this sells well!  Let's make it 10x bigger!"  Seriously guys, bigger isn't always better.


And then, well, there's always Haiti.  Haven't touched that one yet.  Quite frankly, the whole thing is a little too big for me to even wrap my head around.  75% of their capital city has been destroyed.  Seventy five percent.  Does that make anyone else just want to throw up their hands at the thought of rebuilding and go 'why even bother?'  Does that make anyone else thank GOD every day that you live in a warm house with electricity and hot running water, and you can waste your days surfing facebook and eating potato chips?


But the one thing I'm not going to blog about is apologizing for not blogging!!  It's my blog; I'll blog whenever I feel like it.  So there.

3 comments:

  1. You blog like a girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my toyota.

    I think Toyota should just tell everyone how to put there car in Nuetral and why they should do it. I think most city people don't know all that much about how a car works.

    You do blog like a girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is now a section on the toyota website about how to safely stop your car if the gas pedal sticks.

    Apparently, there is also a class action lawsuit filed against Toyota (if you're looking for some 'easy cash' - cause I don't know why else you'd try to sue anyone)

    And yes, it is true. I do blog like a girl.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments