Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Story

Isn't amazing what a difference a couple weeks can make??  It was not dark outside at 5pm when I was leaving work this evening - that realization made me very, very happy. 

I was re-reminded the other day about the importance of 'story'.  Nicola, a very beautiful person to the very core of her being, is currently working and teaching in Thailand.  Her blog of her adventures are rich with remarkable stories, and intentional relationship building.  She is an inspiration!  If you have some time, I encourage you to read through her adventures (they're far more courageous than anything I could ever imagine doing myself!).

Story weaves in and out of our daily lives, usually without us ever paying attention to it.  If you're of the mindset that money can't ever buy you happiness, then all you're left with (that's of any worth) is your time and what you do with it - the things you do, what you say, the amazing adventures you go on, the long days of dreary work, the interactions with people around you...  It's what makes you who you are; it's your story.  Hope it's a good one!

2 comments:

  1. My story is a good one because you and Nicola are a part of it! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed your header update includes parts of your story.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments