Monday, November 16, 2009

What do you want from me??

Ok, for some reason my blog comments have been commandeered by certain someones asking for specific post topics.  So much for just allowing the natural creative process to take place.  Since this is going to become a newspaper-esque reader-guided editorial column of sorts, making it my job/responsibility to entertain the masses, there will now be a monthly subscription fee for those readers wishing to read articles on specific topics.  The price is yet to be determined, but you'd better believe there will be HST added!  Also, starting soon there will be an Anne Landers-type 'help me, my life is falling apart and I need advice from a stranger because I have no one in my own life I can trust' feature.  All questions will be answered with lines from ABBA songs - it proves to be very informative and educational.  Be sure to subscribe today!

Anyhue, not wanting to leave my fans in the lurch...
Someone was wondering about eateries in OS.  I can't actually afford more than a jar of peanut butter these days, but I hear that the grease in Ted & Grace's fry truck hasn't been changed since about 1964.  It gives the fries a more intense taste (and a heart attack with every bite).  Just don't light a match anywhere near it, the whole thing could go up in a ball of flames.
Someone else was wondering about vacation destinations in and around the area.  The Paisley Inn isn't too far away.  It's been in the paper a lot lately; must be a nice place.  OR!  WE COULD GO TO THE QUEENS!!  WHAT A GREAT IDEA! * 

Here's your list of randomness for the day:
It seems that Moveber is upon us (a combination of the MOustache, and the month of noVEMBER).  I haven't personally seen an increase in moustache wearing men around, but Facebook seems to be all a flutter with excitement.  Apparently, young men especially will jump on any bandwagon which allows them to wildly grow their facial hair without being ostracized by the general public.  All you have to do is label it as a 'good cause'.   From what I hear, the good cause is prostate cancer.  I'm not exactly sure how growing a 'stache helps prostate cancer (or better yet, helps to find a cure), but it is what it is I suppose.

We all know that the giant waste of time, Facebook, has some pretty useless applications on it.  But there is something highly entertaining about a group of adults sitting around on a Saturday night having a very serious discussion about how to better manage their Farmville plots.  Farm Union talks are underway.

When you lead a life which can be neatly packed inside a square box, sometimes it's difficult to step out on the edge and do something a little daring.  Going against the grain, or throwing aside the rules, is next to unheard of!  But I challenge you to take the risk: the next time you play Settlers, instead of setting up the board in the normal oval-shaped fashion described in the rule book, take a chance and set up the board in any old funky pattern!  Add a lake in the centre of your island, or create two smaller islands connected with a land bridge.  Trust me, it'll spice up your life!

And one for the road...
Did you know that traditional Italian mozzarella cheese is made with milk from the Water buffalo?  I didn't believe it either.  But more importantly,  does everyone have a water buffalo?



*(For those of you not from the Grey Bruce area, this  is a line from an old radio ad.  For those of you who have lived in the area, you're now going to be randomly shouting 'OR, WE COULD GO TO THE QUEENS!!' all day long.  You're welcome.)

4 comments:

  1. I posted the eateries one. :D Plus a bunch of the other random anonymous ones in an attempt to prod you into action! I say it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dave, I knew it was you. You're the only person I know who uses intense emoticons such as >:-( ...or something like that. I really don't understand half of them :P
    Maybe you should write an emoticon dictionary on your own blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for your Dear ABBA entries. I'll try to think of some questions to ask. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I want to go to the Paisley Inn, but thanks for the suggestion. I hear you have a floor that's free, so maybe I'll have to crash there if I'm ever in the OS area for vacation.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments