Monday, November 30, 2009

Done and done.

I typically dislike Christmas.  Well, ok, it's not Christmas I dislike, it's the gift-giving anxiety leading up to Christmas.  You know:

"Oh, it's December, I should think about gifts.  I wonder what everyone wants."
"December 10th?  Plenty of time still - which is good... cause I have no clue what to get anyone..."
"December 15th.  Crap, crap, crap!  10 days... I hate shopping when the mall is so busy!"
"December 20th.  It's making me sick just thinking about it!  3 gifts to go, 4 shopping days left, and too much stuff to do between now and then!"
"December 24th.  Well... I guess this will have to do.  Hope they like it "  :S
"December 25th.  Oh man, no!  Don't open that one yet!  (I don't think he's going to like it...)  GAH!  I HATE CHRISTMAS!!! IT'S TOO STRESSFUL!"
"December 26th.  Ah... Everything worked out great, and it's all over for another year!  Where did the time go?"

AND THAT is why I don't like Christmas.  But this year!  This year is different!  This year, I'm going relax, and enjoy!  You know why?

BECAUSE I AM FINISHED ALL OF MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!!

That's right!  I am finished ALL of my Christmas Shopping on November 30!  I do believe that this is the first time I have ever finished my present buying before December 20th!  Heck!  It's probably the first time I've ever STARTED my Christmas shopping before December 20th!

Is it disgusting?  Well, yeah, a little bit.  But, no gift buying anxiety this year!  No pressure, no last minute hasty decisions.  And you won't see me waiting in line at those ridiculously long checkouts like a sucker.

So let me be the first to say:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm more of a *yawn, stretch* Dec 23rd... "Holy Christmas batman, to the storemobile!" :) This year I'm keeping things simple. Things got out of control pricewise last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going shopping today in the hope that I can get it all done. Today's the first day the mall opens at 9am .. and guess who will be waiting at the doors!

    Shopping in the mall when it is crazy is not fun when you have a stroller full of wiggling baby who does't want to sit in it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH man, I did not finish my christmas shopping today like I had planned. So DISCOURAGED! I couldn't find anything with a baby needing to be paid attention to the whole time.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments