Thursday, November 19, 2009

WePray.... *sigh*

So...  Easter 2010: The exciting new video game so you don't have to wait for Sunday to go to church!




Umm...  A lot could be said about this.

Is it a fake?  Probably.  They do have a website, and they have sent press releases to videogaming websites for publicity.  But... Yeah, I'm sure it's fake.   ...the fact that it isn't being advertised for use on any specific video game console sort of gives it away.  (Also, there isn't any contact information on the website.)  But I must say, it's a very well executed fake!

So... Reaction?
  • Well, the anti-Christians are all saying WTF!! GARBAGE!  !@!))@#& Stupid hillbilly Christians think they're so smart. !#)@!!@;#$^  This is exactly why I'll never be a !@!#$#% Christian.
  • The laid back mainstream Christians are quietly laughing to themselves because it totally pokes fun of Catholics.  (And some of them probably even want to play it just for kicks.)
  • And the hardcore Catholics, who think that this is the answer to getting their kids out of purgatory faster, are going to be some disappointed when they find out it's not real!

My take on it?  I was amused; they put a lot of thought into this 'game'!   ...of course, I like the movie 'Saved' too.  I guess I'm just one of those laid back mainstream Christians who doesn't mind poking fun at my own beliefs once in awhile.  I mean, seriously, I own a Miracle Jesus Action Figure (with glow in the dark hands)!

There will always be people who will take a joke too far, and there will always be people who take things far too seriously.   I don't think this is anything to get your underpants in a knot over.  And at the end of the day, I think God probably has the greatest sense of humour of all of us.  And that, my friends, is a good thing!


(The website says that pre-orders can be placed starting tomorrow - I guess we'll find out then if this is a hoax or not)

7 comments:

  1. Well.... I must say this was one heck of an entry. lol

    Miracle Jesus Action Figure?! really? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you see it? You were sitting like 2ft away from it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't really looking for miracle Jesus action figures at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA... gee... I don't see why not. I ALWAYS look for ridiculous religious articles when I go into other people's houses. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for a reaction to the game... badass! The cross controllers look awesome!!

    Seriously though, I wonder if anyone is crazy enough to believe this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I could totally see it happening in the US of A.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments