Thursday, November 12, 2009

We don't cater to requests here

Someone left a comment on my last post asking for a food blog.  I LOL'd.

I actually almost wrote a post about food just the other day.  It was going to be a poem.  About casseroles.  Because casseroles are awesome.

And then I realised that I had a beer in my hand.  So I stopped typing before things got carried away.  If you think drinking & driving is dangerous, just try drinking & typing!  ...It's got me in trouble on more than one occasion, so now I avoid it when at all possible.  True story.

My other true story for the day goes like this: The spaceship of a car I drive has these silly sensors in the wheels to tell you if your tires are flat.  Now, I'm pretty sure I could tell on my own if my tires were flat without a light on my dash turning on, but anyway.  (Gee... this ride seems a little rough, and I'm having trouble steering.  Must be the road though, there's no warning light lighting up on my dash.) 

Turns out, that light does actually work!  I've been driving around for an embarrassing amount of time, assuming a sensor was probably malfunctioning and ignoring that light on my dash.  Heh heh... Well, I guess my tires were actually a little under inflated.  (under inflated tires are better for traction anyway, right? ...all this cold slippery weather we've been getting.... *sigh*)  Needless to say, the light is off now, and it didn't cost me any money to fix.  I'll pay closer attention to it next time.  That 'check engine' light though... It can't be that important...  (kidding!  just kidding)

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I actually wanted you to blog about flat tires! I knew the only way to do that was to ask for one about food! >:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about smoke detectors being just out of reach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now!! You can't flip back a couple days and 'request' I write about something I'VE ALREADY WRITTEN ABOUT!!! That's totally cheating!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments