Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No good material

*sigh*  Every once in awhile my creativity well runs dry.  Apparently, people, (a very select few, but they are out there), seem to rely on my blog for a bit of entertainment.  I'm glad my writing can deliver once in awhile!  It makes me feel all warm & fuzzy knowing that I can spark a good laugh now and then.  But, when the creative juices quit flowing... well, I don't want to let anyone down, so I haven't been blogging much lately.  We'll have no half-assed blogging around here!

Anyhue
I just watched House.  I didn't, wouldn't, watch House for a long time cause I thought House was a really, really big jerk, and all the episodes seemed to be the same.  But somehow in the past year I've found myself watching it a lot.  It just adds to the list of Doctor/Hospital shows I watch.  Ok, well, I guess the list is still at two.  I used to watch ER and Greys, then I watched Private Practise for a season and Greys, then I watched ER and Greys again because it was ERs last season, and now I watch Greys and House.   MY Point is: Have you ever noticed that there seems to be a complete and utter lack of visitors moping around at the bedside of the sick and/or dying patients?  The best they ever have is a crazy teenaged friend who disappears halfway through the episode, or a distraught parent who shows up at the end just in time to see the patient make a miraculous recovery.  I'm pretty sure, I expect that, should I ever end up in that situation, I'd have 20 people a day traipsing though to see me - friends & family, co-workers & clergy... it's exhausting just thinking about it!  So are we supposed to believe that everyone who show up at Seattle Grace, or Mercy West, or Chicago Hope, or where ever House works, is a friendless, orphaned, social outcast?  Or does it just cost too much to hire actors who are non-essential to the plot line?  Suffice to say, it bothers me that they don't have more people visiting patients on Dr shows.

And speaking of no good material, I've been poking around the idea of starting a little crafty project so I've been wandering around the fabric section of Walmart a lot, (completely lost and unsure where to start.  Do you buy fabric by the yard or by the metre??), and their selection SUCKS!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's more like it. I get bored and need things to read. :p That was me complaining about the slackass effort in blogging on the other post. I haven't done much myself so whatever.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, I didn't even think about there being no visitors on those shows!

    If you want fabric I know of a great store in Markham. Walmart SUCKS... what about the quilting store across the road from Tim Hortons by your house? They actually have people who work there and know how to sew ... unlike Walmart. You buy material by the Yard OR the meter, depending on the pattern you are using.

    PS. I missed your blogging and I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make a blog about food... Go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I don't know... requests cost $$

    ReplyDelete

I like comments