Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Well, you get what you pay for.

I'm sure I've written about this before:

Back when my camera was still new and shiny (and under warranty) I took a lot of photos.  Like, thousands.  Really.  Thousands.  And once in awhile, one or two would look really awesome!  So I would take these few outstanding photos and put them on display where other people could see them.  And then the comments would come:  "Amy!  Your pictures are amazing!"  "Wow!  You've really got an eye for this!"  "You should be doing something with your talent!"  "You should think about doing this professionally!"  And yes, someone even asked me to shoot her wedding (which I respectfully declined).

The 'talent' I have is called 'dumb luck', And this is actually what would happen if I were to listen to those people encouraging me:



That's right.  I'd be the $25 photographer.  I hope I get a brand new DSLR for my birthday!  (but not really)

2 comments:

  1. Someone asked me to take their wedding photos too. I respectfully declined, mostly because I don't have my own (good) camera and the one I use only has one lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I want to learn about lighting and focus.... then at least i will understand them... but still struggle to make them work right, and never go pro!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments