Wednesday, November 24, 2010

re-connected

One day late last week a construction worker digging a hole at a new bridge site in Owen Sound accidentally severed some 2000 Bell telephone lines.  It has caused quite a stir around the town as some people and businesses have been without phone service for the better part of a week.  Phones, faxes, internet, debit machines, and even cell phones have all been affected.  The rumor mill is already reeking of 'class action lawsuit' for loss of business, but I really don't think it's something that would actually fly in any court.

Unbeknown to me, anyone trying to call my Rogers cellphone, (my only line of communication), over the past 5 days have just been getting a busy signal.  I've been able to make outgoing calls, and send/receive text messages; just no incoming calls.  Weird, eh?  Apparently cell phones rely on more than just towers.  I had no idea.

Can't say I really noticed that my phone wasn't working - it's pretty typical for me to go weeks between phone calls.  However, if you were one of the few trying to get through, it seems to be working again so feel free to call away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments