Tuesday, June 8, 2010

At the top of the hill

I'm 30 now.  To anyone under the age of 20, I'm old.  (to anyone over the age of 50, I'm still a kid though, so that's something I guess.)

For my 30th birthday, my bf got me a brand new ball glove!  Now, you're probably thinking, 'what in the world does someone that old want with a new ball glove??!'  Well, the truth is that never in my life have I had my very own brand new ball glove.  For the past 20 years I have been using my uncle's old (and small) ball glove, and previous to that, I was using my dad's old (and even smaller) ball glove.  These gloves are older than I am, and I'm old.  It was awesome to go to the store and try on all the gloves - ones that still have padding in them, and that actually fit, and are longer than my own fingers!  I'm pretty happy with the one I got; I've been carrying it around for days :)

Oh. I've joined a womens slo-pitch league.  That's why a new glove was a great birthday gift.

I just got home from my first practise with the new glove.  I missed a few balls I should have got, caught a few I would have missed with the old glove, and lost the ball more than once inside the new glove!  (It's so much bigger than my old one!)  All in all though, it's breaking in really nice and I'm ready to kick some butt for the rest of the season!  ...right after my shoulder stops hurting.

Maybe I should mention that our team has had somewhere around 40 runs scored against us this season.  In two games.  We're there to get out for a night or two a week, have a few drinks, and have some fun - not nearly as competitive as some of the other teams in the league, and therefore, we get trampled on.  Frequently.  It's pretty good fun!

3 comments:

I like comments