Monday, May 17, 2010

When (life) kicks you in the face

It's one of those things that, *sigh*, just deserves a blog...

"You beat that video game? What are you going to do with your time now?"

"I don't know... I guess it's suicide again for me"

[disapproving look, which was ignored/missed, followed by a double handed shove to the shoulder]

---------------

Things I learned from this encounter:

1. 'I guess it's suicide again for me' is a quote from The Simpsons.

2. Just because your boyfriend frequently calls you a weakling doesn't mean that once in awhile a good unsuspecting shove won't knock him right off his bed.

3. Big guys fall hard.

4. Beware the flailing feet - they'll get ya in the face.



Yes, I almost broke my bf's ankle by shoving him off his bed.  Yes, he kicked me in the face on the way down.  Yes, we're both bruised.  Yes, we're ridiculous.  And yes, I felt really, really, really, really bad.

Luckily, his ankle isn't broken, and didn't swell, and I didn't get the shiner I thought I might.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so funny! Just wait until you have kids. Things like that happen every day .... says the girl who had to wear an eye patch for two days.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments