Thursday, March 18, 2010

Analyze this

So I've been busy with a new project this week (it gives me an excuse to forget about all the other half finished projects I should be working on).

We have had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad website for the church ever since the first computer-savy priest we had decided that it would be a good idea to have an online presence.  It was functional, but... less than attractive.  We've been talking about rebuilding it for 2 years.  But talk is cheap and doesn't get you very far.

So I decided to get things rolling, and created a site with Google Sites.  You should be able to find it here (as long as our DNS is mapped properly, or some computer geek gibberish like that):  www.stmarysandthemissions.ca  Careful about the rickroll though...

At the same time, I decided that maybe it's time to put Google Analytics to work on my blog - it'll give me a much more accurate count of who exactly is watching me, instead of that silly hit counter over there to the right that says there have been over 10,000 visits to this site (8,000 of which have been me!).  I've had Analytics running for two days now, so it hasn't given me much information yet.  But in time, I should be able to collect enough data to decide if its worthwhile to install Google Ads so I can start earning advertising revenue.  (haha.. .just kidding)

Anyhue, apparently, over the past two days, I've had 12 unique visitors to my blog and yesterday I received a visit from someone living in Kealakekua, Hawaii.  HAWAII!!

...it's kinda humbling being 'world famous'.

:P

1 comment:

  1. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...

    ReplyDelete

I like comments