Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm married??

So, at the dance the other night, I was chatting with a very good friend of mine who was telling me just how happy she was for me and it was all so fun and exciting.

I looked at her and said, "yeah but... isn't it weird?  I mean, I'm MARRIED!  Isn't that just a little bit weird?"

Well!  She jumped on that bandwagon!  "Heck yes its weird!  Good golly gee wiz it's weird!  SO weird!"  (sentence edited to remain PG of course).

And it is weird!  So weird.  Dave agrees. 
We spent months planning for it.  We spent thousands of dollars paying for it.  We've received a bajillion gifts and congratulations.  We stood in the church and said our lines; we ate the food at the dinner; we danced the dances; we threw the bouquet and cut the cake and all of that stuff.  But it's all still very surreal.  Other than seeing that ring on Dave's finger, life in general hasn't changed much, and it's just plain weird to call each other husband and wife.

From what I hear though, this is a pretty typical experience for most newly weds.


I'm in Edmundston NB right now.  Hanging out in a pretty decent Comfort Inn.  Yes, a hotel.  Tomorrow is ferry crossing day, and we decided a good night's sleep was not going to happen in a tent.

1 comment:

  1. The quote we had printed on the inside of the Table # cards at the wedding pretty well summed it up: "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    — Dr. Seuss

    ReplyDelete

I like comments