Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Killarney Day 7 - Friday Aug 14/09

VACATION DAY!!!

We got up this morning at a leisurely 9am and Heather made us pancakes for breakfast.

It is a beautiful hot and sunny day; a great day for laundry and napping and splashing around in the water! (It actually would have been awful to hike anywhere today in this heat! I wonder what the temp is?? Easily the hottest day of this summer anyway.)

We have a beautiful warm breeze up here on the hill. Perfect for doing laundry really. It'll be nice to wear a shirt that doesn't smell like smoke for a change. It was also nice to finally wash our hair for the first time in about 5 days too.

Not much else going on. We had some lunch, are sitting around soaking up the sun, tried to find some blueberries for bannock tonight (no luck, the bears have already cleaned up this patch). I think I'll take my camera and go for a walk.


I feel as if I got a little too much sun (and yes, I did use sunscreen).

Big bannock dinner tonight. Then, just hanging by the fire reading a book.

We want to try for an early morning tomorrow. 12km to hike.
Then, 2km on Sunday.
Then, HOME!
I'm ready to come out of the woods now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments