Sunday, March 18, 2012

March "Break"

We're down to the final hours of March Break - the sunniest and warmest March Break possibly ever!  It has been a really great week to have off work.  Although....  It seems that Adult March Break is far different than Kid March Break.

Dave and I bought a recliner last weekend.  So, I spent all day Tuesday (I worked on Monday) rearranging furniture so that the new recliner would have a space in our house.  Anyone who has ever rearranged furniture knows that with rearranging comes some major cleaning as you unearth gargantuan dust bunnies that have been growing for the past number of years!  It took pretty well all day, but I am happy with the results.  It's a much more baby-friendly space now too.

As with all new furniture, with a new recliner comes an awesome cardboard box!  This box happens to be almost cube shaped.  Roughly 3ft or so.  Small enough to fit in the front door, but too big to fit down the hallway into the front room to be stored for a rainy day.  So, it sat in our kitchen for two days as I tried to come up with a way to transport it to somewhere, anywhere, else!  Eventually, I managed to borrow a truck and take it to the inlaw's where our nephews and I spent an afternoon turning the box into a spectacular castle!  Dave's mom may not be too happy that it's in her house instead of in my house, but, the kids love it!

The rest of the week has been filled with errands and cleaning and laundry and writing thank you cards and putting out lawn furniture and trying to get over this stupid ridiculous cold.  And now that Sunday is here, the mad scramble is on to finish all those tasks that I said I would complete this week!   ....maybe it will rain this afternoon so that I'll have no desire to go outside to do anything else but what I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments