Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ROBERT!!#&$*$(@*#!!

So I just finished week one of Running with Robert.  It was...  sweaty.  :)

For those of you keeping track (I know I am),

Week one was a 5 minute warm up walk, followed by 8 sets of running for a minute, then walking for 90 seconds, and ending with a 5 minute cool down walk for a full half hour of fun.  Do this three times throughout the week, and you're done!  Easy enough, right?  yeah... mostly it was.  The idea of running with Robert is that he provides audio cues for when you're supposed to change speeds.  Plus, he plays funky music and says encouraging things like 'this one's probably gonna hurt, but you can do it!'.

Day one I went 1.7 miles (2.7km)
Day two I went 1.74 miles (2.8km)
Day three I went 1.84 miles (2.96km)

So there ya go.  It did definitely get easier as the week went along.  Moving on to week two still sounds a little intimidating, buuuut, we'll see.

Now.  If I could only stop equating a treadmill run with a rewarding bowl of ice cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments