Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Clickity Clack

Way back when Dave and I were first dating, he helped me purchase a laptop.  It was a good machine; purchased refurbished, it had a lot of bells and whistles on it that I normally would have gone without.

I got a lot of mileage out of that machine; carried it a lot of places, did a lot of computer-y stuff on it.  But at some point along the way, I realised that my life no longer warrants a laptop.  As my life has become more rooted to one place, my laptop has spent more and more time sitting in one place.

So when the kids started pulling keys off it, and Microsoft started insisting on Windows 10 upgrades that it couldn't handle, and the battery charged it's last charge, I didn't replace it with a new laptop.  Rather, I set up Dave's old desktop in the corner of the living room, ...and secretly (read: loudly) wished for a tablet for Christmas!

The desktop does the heavy duty work - photo and video editing, spreadsheet and bookkeeping work.  And the tablet does the stuff I like to do in front of the tv - namely, facebook.  And catching up on the news, reading blogs, playing apps, taking pics of my kids, and reading books.

And now, I can add blogging to that list!  As a birthday gift I received a handy dandy bluetooth keyboard that magnets itself right into my tablet case.  It's taking a bit of time to get used to the new, much smaller, layout, but it's still lightyears faster than writing with a touchscreen!  First blog entry seemed to go well anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments