Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Volen-told

So I've found myself in the position of being the (un)lucky new treasurer at my church.  Because, well, you know, the 88 year old guy currently doing it can barely hold his hand steady long enough to write a legible cheque. And, hey, I do it for a living anyway, so obviously I want to do it in my spare time too, right?  yeah....

Bitter?  Nooooo... I mean, once I get home from work at night, make supper, do a bunch of household chores, spend a few hours keeping my kids from killing each other, and then another couple of hours trying to convince them that they want to go to bed, I've got all the time in the world!  I'm so happy to take on the burden of this life-long sentence! 

Nope, no bitterness here.  Not even when they didn't bother to offer me any sort of monetary incentive.  A slap on the back, a 'thanks for taking over', now, let's talk about raising the organist's pay.

*sigh*

It's alright.  At the rate they're dropping, there won't be enough money left in 5 years to keep the doors open anyway.

wait.

shit.

Jesus, this is my purgatory, isn't it??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments